About Me

My photo
Milwaukee, WI, United States
Hi, I'm Riley a student studying fashion marketing. I'm from the midwest and obviously I love fashion! Don't forget to add me on facebook www.facebook.com/fashionistasian

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Label Whore: Rachel by Rachel Roy

One of my favorite labels right now that I absolutely adore is Rachel by Rachel Roy. Rachel by Rachel Roy is available at Macy's everywhere. The reason why I love the line is because her styles vary and can be versatile when it comes down to it. From season to season ever since her label has been out I've checked out her pieces. Most of her pieces are extremely colorful and full of life. She works very well with patterns and prints and incorporates one type of fabric into many different types of designs and styles. Another plus about this line is that the sizes range from XXS to XL and dress sizes 0-14 which makes it more marketable towards average sized women and possibly plus size friendly


SPRING/SUMMER 2010 RUNWAY


FALL/WINTER 2010 RUNWAY

The ultimate goal that I think Rachel Roy wants to achieve in her designs is that she wants to allow a woman to be sexy but also embody a powerful state of mind while wearing her pieces. She allows women to play with pieces from her line and give them personality. It takes a lot of confidence to pull of her pieces because they can be very ornate or very dramatic pieces. 

She doesn't only just design clothes for Macy's but also jewelry, handbags, and shoes. Personally I am a huge fan of all of them. The quality is great for the price you're paying for. The price range for most of her designs are from $30.00 to about $200.00 depending on the pieces. I own a few of her pieces and am in love with them. In a way I feel like they give my closet some kind of life and color.


Rachel by Rachel Roy FALL/WINTER 2009


Rachel by Rachel Roy FALL/WINTER 2009

You can get a good idea of what type of designer she is from just looking at these few pieces. You can tell the difference between her actual runway line and her mainstream line. But either way they clothes are beautifully made and fun to wear!


Here's a few pieces that I personally own 

Graffiti Print from her Fall/Winter Debut Collection (NO LONGER AVAILABLE)

Black Dress with knot from her 2010 Spring/Summer collection (NO LONGER AVAILABLE)

Black Draped Coin Dress from her 2010 Fall/Winter Collection (Available at local stores)

Painted Top from her Fall/Winter 2010 collection (Available at local stores)
Due to Copyright Issues I am just going to post links to some of my favorite pieces from her most recent collection






To checkout more of Rachel by Rachel Roy's items simply click on


and all of her latest items will be available for purchase.

Also definitely checkout her runway collections they're amazing!


HAVE A GREAT DAY! ANOTHER BLOG ANOTHER DAY! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment